AFRICAN RESEARCH AND ACTION INSTITUTE
We are also an education and training institution created to close knowledge and skill gaps. We achieve this by providing quality education and teaching to people living in countries where they experience difficulties in accessing quality education at affordable costs. Our training programs are adapted from North American training curricula where most of our teachers and scientific supervisors are based.
We offer two training options: Distance learning and in-person training on our campuses.
A. DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAM
AFRAC-INSTITUTE offers distance learning programs in various modalities including Master’s programs (two years), certificate programs (six months) and intensive training seminars (two weeks).
A.1. MASTER’S programs: (Duration: 2 years)
The options currently offered are:
1. Master’s in Community Health
2. Master’s in Epidemiology
3. Master’s in health Promotion
4. Master’s in health and Environment Environmental Health
Cost: Registration fee: 200 USD/year and Tuition fee: 3000 USD/year
A.2. CERTIFICATE programs: (Duration: 6 months)
1. Project planning and management
2. Monitoring and evaluation of projects
3. Emergency and disaster management
4. Supply chain management
5. Management of reproductive health programs
6. Management of adolescent and youth health programs
7. Grant management
8. Quantitative research
9. Qualitative research
Cost: Registration fees: 200 USD/year and tuition fees: 2,000 USD.
A.3. INTENSIVE TRAINING programs (Duration: 5-14 days)
We support organizations and governments by providing consultancy and have proven expertise in the following sectors:
1. Family planning
2. Obstetric and Neonatal Emergency Care
3. Post-abortion Care
4. Syndromic management of STIs
5. Medical and psychosocial care for survivors of sexual violence
6. Facilitating supervision
7. Community engagement training
8. Counseling for healthcare providers and non-healthcare providers
9. Peer education
10. Quality improvement approaches: COPE, Community Score Card and Defined Partnership Program
11. Project Evaluation
12. Reproductive health of adolescents and young people
13. Development of sectoral strategies
14. Approaches to transforming social norms and attitudes: Social Analysis and Action and VCAT
15. Humanitarian response: Reproductive health, protection, GBV and community services.
SUBSCRIBE OR CONTACT US
To contact us or register for our Master’s and Certificate programs, please email us at email@example.com. We will send registration forms and other necessary information.
There are two registration periods per year:
June 15 to August 31 for resumption on September 15
October 20 to January 10 for resumption on January 15
Contacts: Phone: + 1-470-210-5155 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
B. ON CAMPUS TRAINING PROGRAM
Following the completion of our two future campuses on the African continent (in the DRC and Nigeria), candidates who desire to obtain undergraduate and post-graduate training in-person will be able to do so on our campuses.
The undergraduate curriculum (4 years) will include the following options:
Applied IT and Cybersecurity
The Master’s program (2 years) will include:
NB. The on-campus training programs are under accreditation in both countries and will begin in 2020.